Best Locations for Your Colorado Engagement Photos
As an engagement photographer in Colorado, I’m so stoked to share some of my absolute favorite Colorado engagement photo locations with you to help you begin planning your dream session in the mountains of Colorado.
Great Sand Dunes National Park near Alamosa
If you’re looking for a spot for your engagement session that allows you two to be carefree, let your guard down, and belly laugh until your stomachs hurt, you’ve found it! My favorite thing about Great Sand Dunes engagement photos is how much the environment allows for couples to just have fun on top of getting the normal more intimate photos showing your connection together.
Some ideas for your engagement photos at Great Sand Dunes:
Of course, this area is the perfect destination to have beautiful back drops for your engagement session but why stop there? Add a little extra fun to your time in front of the camera by…
- Renting a sandboard or sand sled from a place like Spanish Peaks Outfitters and have a blast racing down the dunes.
- Grabbing a blanket, some hot chocolate, and staying out past sundown to see the milkyway! As a designated international dark sky park, it truly is a worthwhile experience to lose some sleep to spend time stargazing instead.
- Switching into 4WD and going offroading and backcountry camping on Medano Pass Primitive Road
Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs
My favorite thing about Garden of the Gods engagement photos is that you get a really interesting combination of unique red rock formations and the breathtaking mountainscape that Colorado Springs is so well known for. Although this is a busy destination due to its ease of access and proximity to the heart of town, it’s well worth navigating the crowd to get those engagement photos you’re dreaming of!
Some ideas for your engagement photos at Garden of the Gods:
Whether you’re a Colorado Springs local or you’re traveling to the area for a little getaway, something really spectacular about doing photos in such a bustling area is the ability to really expand your session into something that shows more of who the two of you are together! Before or after your Garden of the Gods photo session, you could…
- Try some local brews at a dog-friendly brewery in Colorado Springs like Lost Friend Brewing Company or Cerberus Brewing Company.
- Step back in time by visiting the Penny Arcade (also known as Arcade Amusment) in Manitou Springs to have a fun date night filled with
- Summit your first 14er… by car! You can actually drive up 8,000 feet from Colorado Sprigns to the summit of Pike’s Peak. If doing this drive yourself makes your stomach feel a bit queezy, consider taking the Cog Railway or a guided tour by Adventures Out West.
Rocky Mountain National Park outside of Estes Park
Rocky Mountain is one of four national parks in Colorado and is definitely a great spot to choose for those really iconic mountain views that probably made you want to get engagement photos done in Colorado in the first place!
While you’re visiting Rocky Mountain National Park for your engagement photos, I highly recommend…
- Beating the crowds and waking up before the sun to hike the moderate trail to Dream Lake and watch the sun light up the mountains.
- Taking a slower day to go wildlife watching either on your own or through a guided tour with a company like Yellow Wood Guiding where they really know all of the best spots and times of day to go!
- Riding the Estes Park Aerial Tram to the top of Prospect Mountain for a stunning, birdseye view of this breathtaking area of Colorado
Paint Mines near Colorado Springs
How is it possible that in Colorado Springs there is not one but two photo locations that boast a really unexpected environment with such unique formations to really add some interest to the background of your engagement photos?! Seriously I’m so lucky to be a photographer in Colorado Springs!
Since Paint Mines Interpretive Park is a little outside of town on the east side of Colorado Springs, if you’re visiting I highly recommend giving yourself some time the day before or after your session to explore some of the previously mentioned spots like Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, and even the Penny Arcade in Manitou.
Cozy Mountain Airbnb or Campsite
If you want your photos to be a reflection of your love for cozying up together and being in nature, why not rent a quintessential Colorado A-Frame cabin or snag a campsite in one of Colorado’s eleven national forests?!
These kinds of sessions are by far some of my favorite because it really gives me the opportunity to capture you two doing things like snuggling in a hammock together, making s’mores by the fire, or looking up at the night sky from the comfort of a hot tub! And what more could you want for your engagement photos than for them to be a beautiful representation of your relationship in a really organic way!?
Looking for more info for your engagement photos in colorado?
Visit my engagement photo and couples session information page or contact me for everything you need to know about engagement photo packages and offerings! I’d love to document your story and be your engagement photographer!